Julotta Celebration 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Christmas morning we will gather to greet one another with the traditional Swedish salutation: God Jul!
During this service-before-sunrise, candle lighters dressed as St. Lucia bring the light of Christ to us in the Sanctuary and then to the world. This is your opportunity to celebrate the joy and blessings the Spirit of Christ brings to your life in a beautiful sanctuary by candlelight.
1. Vaccinations: 98% of the Broadway Church congregation is fully vaccinated. We recommend that you get vaccinations and boosters as advised by the CDC.
2. Masks: Masks are required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
3. Distance: The sanctuary at Trinity UMC is quite large. We ask that you maintain responsible social distancing between your group and others.
4. Hygiene: Hand sanitizer will be readily available at entrances and exits. We ask that you make good use of it.
5. Symptoms: If you feel sick, please stay home. We are recording the service and will post it to our Facebook page.
Our Senior Minister, Rev. Amy Shoemaker, is pregnant and therefore in a high risk group. We are doing our best to keep her and other high risk members of our community safe, and ask you to help us in these efforts when you attend Julotta.
A reception of traditional Swedish bread and coffee will follow in the Fellowship Hall. You are welcome to take your portion to-go.