First Sunday Class: Shedding Menstrual Shame
Time & Location
About the Event
- Do you get an "icky" feeling when you think about menstruation?
- Do you desire a better understanding of your body? A more meaningful connection with yourself?
- Would you like to have tools for honoring your body's natural cycles?
This class is for you!
Through conversation and interactive experiences, you will learn the origins of menstrual shame and ways to move out of it. Whether you've never menstruated before or are past that stage of life, this is your opportunity to strengthen your relationship between your body, mind, and heart.
The class is 90 minutes in three sections:
- Sources of menstrual shame: An exploration of history, religion, and culture.
- Changing the narrative: reframing our experience.
- Crafting ritual: regular practice to honor our Sacred selves.
**Cis men are welcome in this space as witnesses, to learn to be a better ally.**